Friday, July 25, 2008

16 weeks

I was planning to write a post on how wonderful a sleeper my little guy is, but for some reason today has thrown me for a loop. Aidan has gotten so good about going down peacefully for naps and bed. I just stick him in his crib and leave. That's it... no shushing, patting, rocking, pacifying. He sucks his thumb and falls asleep. The last few days he has started waking early from naps and "playing". He rolls onto his back and talks. I usually have to go in and roll him over and he goes back to sleep. Today that has not been the case. He doesn't want to go back to sleep when I roll him over and he screams and screams to be held. I'm thinking something is bothering him because it really is not like him at all. He even let me hold him and rock him for awhile before he drifted back to sleep.

Anyway, 16 weeks is finally here. Aidan is rolling over a lot more now. We have to roll him over at 6:00 so that he'll go back to sleep until 7:00am most mornings now. He is laughing a lot and playing more with toys. He loves to "talk" to you and is learning how to hold his bottle. I love when I walk in his room in the morning and talk to him and he looks for me. When he sees me for the first time he gives me such a huge grin and gets really excited for me to get him out of bed. He is also starting to sleep through his late night feeding. We have been getting him up at 10:30 to feed him for about a month and a half now. He used to wake up to eat and would get really talkative and almost so wide awake we were afraid he wouldn't go back to sleep! Now he doesn't even open his eyes. He eats, burps, gets his diaper changed, and sleeps right through it. I'm starting to wonder if maybe I should stop getting him up, but I'm afraid he'll wake through the night again. He has also stopped taking 5 naps a day. He takes 3 good ones and then one little catnap in the evening. He loves to sit on our laps when we eat dinner and tries to grab things off the table. It's super cute. We love him so much!

This picture was taken a couple of weeks ago, but it is so precious.


No comments:

Post a Comment