Friday, June 27, 2008

12 weeks

My little boy is growing so fast!

This past week we encountered the temper tantrum. When Aidan is too tired or just doesn't like something, he tenses up, closes his eyes, and screams at the top of his lungs. No amount of consoling with make him stop screaming...he just stops when he stops. I noticed that he started to do it when he got overtired. He is so into playing now, that he'll just keep going and then hit a wall where he just can't settle down. I've been trying to put him down before he gets to that place so that he can easily put himself to sleep. It's been working better the last couple of days.

Aidan also is starting to notice his hands more. He tries to grab at toys and he loves sucking on his hands. He sucks on his thumb when he loses his pacifier when napping....it usually falls out though after he goes to sleep.

Yesterday, Aidan gave me a "real" laugh for the first time. I was clapping his hands together and saying "clap your hands" and he just thought it was hilarious. I started laughing at him laughing and he got even more tickled. It was one of the cutest things he's done so far.

Aidan giving Daddy kisses!

2 comments:

  1. He's such a cutie! Even though I've never met him in person, I still can't believe how much he's grown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to see you back on here. he's beautiful and is a perfect mixture of you both....

    ReplyDelete