Monday, April 8, 2013

Easter 2013

This year I had the privilege of hosting everyone at our house for Easter. We decided to paint our kitchen the week before so we would have a fresh look.  I love the new color and it was perfect for our Easter lunch. We had 10 people (8 adults, 2 children), so we opted for 2 tables because we didn't have one big enough. I painted some mason jars and chose burlap and lace for my other table (2 very simple diy projects).


They day started out with Seth heading off to church early to play music in the 2 services while I stayed home with the kids and got ready to attend the later service. I tried snapping a few pictures of the kids before we left, but was unsuccessful. Aidan looks like he is being tortured. :)





Nora was pretty excited to wear her new sandals to church. I even painted her toenails which was a huge deal for her and she proudly showed them to her classroom teacher. I am so glad it was a sunny day!

After church we spent some time waiting for our family to show up. The kids played in the back of the truck and Nora destroyed her neatly braided hair and headband.





Did I mention that I am so excited that I finally got a new lens for my camera? :) And that my husband looks great with a beard?

My mom was the first to arrive and the kids were so happy to see her because she had been gone for 2 weeks in Israel. Nora, my affectionate one, was ready with a big hug for her "Mimi."


After everyone arrived, we started grilling the meat and getting the other food warmed up and ready. I was actually mostly prepared and had little to do on the actual day which was great for me. We had a nice relaxing lunch and spend the rest of the day outside jumping on the trampoline (I think almost everyone took a turn with the kids--except me that is) and enjoying the sunshine. We had a small egg hunt with the kids and also painted some eggs although I think the real highlight of the day was the leisurely afternoon sitting outside enjoying everyone's company.







No comments:

Post a Comment