Sunday, July 3, 2011

Because He Really Cares

I was kinda down yesterday morning. Just feeling sad because my very dear friend, and really first friend here in SC moved to Michigan on Friday. She was such a blessing to my life during these first 8 months here. Wow. I was so grateful that the Lord blessed me with such a wonderful friendship. And while I know that this friendship is not over, I just won't have the luxury of last minute play dates and Starbucks coffee dates with her anymore.


I was feeling kinda bummed too, because we wanted to go to the lake and watch fireworks with the kids and my first thought was to call my friends. So, after going through the list of other acquaintances, we decided to go alone. We drove out to a state park we hadn't been to before and took a nice stroll before settling in on our blanket and chairs. The kids were doing great, even after bedtime quickly came and past by us. Nora started going nuts about this puppy she could see, which resulted in us meeting a nice family that just moved here from San Diego. There was an instant ease to the conversation and they joined us to watch the fireworks. Their sweet little boy offered encouragement to Aidan as the first booms resulted in cries of "I want to go home!" And when all was said and done, we stood there talking together for awhile. We arrived home at 11pm. New friends, numbers exchanged, and a hope in our hearts of future relationship.

It amazes me sometimes that I so quickly become discouraged when change threatens my security. Security in friendship is important to me. And without having family near by, this has been even more evident in my life. And you know, He cares about this. I don't have to worry about finding those friends because He knows my needs, and He doesn't want me to feel lonely. What a wonderful assurance we have in the greatest Friend we could ask for, a Friend who knows us so intimately and wants to meet the deepest desires of our hearts.

I am blessed because He cares.

2 comments:

  1. what a sweet post. God cares for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so true! Friendships are OH SO important for me too. I am a girl who likes just a few very close friendships rather than a whole bunch of friends who aren't so close. I feel like those friendships are so much harder to make the older we get and the more responsibilities we have. It definitely messes with your security when your close friends move or you move away from your close friends. So exciting that you made some new friends! I sure know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete