Wednesday, September 30, 2009

When life gets crazy...

...it is good to stop and breathe.

The last two days have been hectic. Oakley (the 3 month old I watch) screamed for 45 min. and would not be pacified yesterday...he also would not eat for several hours. After a long day with him, he took a little visit to his doctor and was diagnosed with his first cold.

Aidan has been battling ear infections, congestion, cutting teeth, and a nasty diaper rash (thanks to antibiotics). He went ballistic last night went I tried to change his diaper and would not lie down or let me clean him in any way. He ended up peeing on me and after much coaxing, I managed to use a damp towel to gently wipe him and diaper him up. It was stressful and no fun.

This morning had an early start because Aidan decided to start screaming 1.5 hours earlier than normal. I confess...I made a bad choice at that moment, and decided to be grumpy about it for most of the day.  Then end result was not good. Aidan sensed my tension and threw temper tantrums all morning, things were falling out my cupboards, food was flying, and nothing seemed to be going right.

Then I stopped.

I pondered and decided.

I need to be the one to change this day.

I rebuked any sort of evil attack on our lives, and I went about my day.

Thankfully, we did much better the second half and I was relieved to realize just how much power my decision to change my attitude can hold.

I hope I remember that tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, Krista. What a day from...you know where! You're an amazing person for having the strength to change your attitude. Attitude is everything. But I know it was God who gave you the strength to change, but you know what I mean.Blessings on you and your babysitting adventures...

    ReplyDelete