Thursday, December 18, 2008

Where's Bungle?

Aidan did the cutest thing yesterday.

Within the past couple of weeks, Aidan has suddenly developed a love for a specific blanket and a stuffed monkey called Bungle. Every time he goes to bed, we wrap him in his blanket (which he caresses with his hand) and put Bungle the monkey next to him. It's very cute because he often smiles or laughs when he sees his special little monkey friend. This is great for all of us because Aidan now no longer feels the urge to crawl and stand up before naptime as long as he has these two special lovies.

So, yesterday, I went in to get him from his nap and he was doing the usual standing and talking thing. I decided to sit in the glider and just talk to him instead of picking him up right away. He laughed and "talked" to me for quite awhile. Then, I asked him "Aidan, where's Bungle?" He looked at me like he was trying to understand me and so I asked him a couple more times. All of a sudden, he turned to look around in his crib, happily plopped down and grabbed his monkey. He hugged him and laughed, so proud of himself for finding Bungle.  I, on the other hand, could not believe that he understood me. He still doesn't seem to understand that I am "Ma Ma" yet, but he sure knows who Bungle is. I am constantly amazed by my little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment